This program will be delivered as a webinar series with one hour of continuing education offered per week for five consecutive weeks. The topics will provide veterinary practitioners with an overview of methods to synchronize estrous cycles of replacement beef heifers, postpartum beef cows, and cows managed as recipient females in embryo transfer programs. The series will begin with an overview of the bovine estrous cycle and products approved for use in estrous cycle control. The series in addition will include discussion of the impact of using estrus synchronization on whole herd reproductive management, factors that contribute to successful implementation of fixed-time AI programs using conventional and sex-sorted semen. By the end of the webinar series participants will be able to:
- Describe the physiology and endocrinology of the bovine estrous cycle and products approved for use in estrous cycle control.
- Describe the importance of evaluating heifers by performing pre-breeding examinations prior to implementing estrus synchronization programs and the various protocols currently available and recommended for use in heifers.
- Discuss the various protocols currently available and recommended of use in cows.
- Discuss protocols being used to synchronize estrous cycles of recipient females prior to embryo transfer.
- Assess efficacy of an estrous synchronization program and identify possible problems when results do not meet expectations.
During the registration process, you will be able to choose one or multiple dates to attend. If you need to cancel, add or change your registration, you will be able to log back into the registration system to modify your registration.