There is no fee to participate in these webinars, however pre-registration is required to receive access to the Zoom webinar. Attendance will be tracked for Continuing Education. Link to register https://web.cvent.com/event/e206d8ca-9b96-4a98-88ae-30b9399f4702/summary
This program will be delivered as a webinar series with one hour of continuing education offered per week for eight consecutive weeks. The topics will provide veterinary practitioners with an introduction to the principles of heifer development and genetic selection. By the end of the series the participant will be able to:
- Describe how to identify high potential return on investment females.
- Discuss the factors necessary to ensure heifers grow at a rate to achieve puberty before breeding.
- Explain the benefits of expected progeny difference (EPD) in the beef herd.
- Identify elements of a successful low-cost heifer development system.
- Summarize how data points collected at pre-breeding exams and ultrasound pregnancy checks can allow for additional revenue streams for veterinarians and increase profitability for producers.
- Discuss strategies for incorporating genomic testing into the beef herd.
- Discuss the incorporation of beef heifer reproductive management programs in veterinary practice
During the registration process, you will be able to choose one or multiple dates to attend. If you need to cancel, add or change your registration, you will be able to log back into the registration system to modify your registration.
Continuing Education Credits
* This program has been submitted (but is not yet approved) for 8 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.
Webinar progress and participation will be tracked during the 8-week series. Upon completion of the series, a certificate will be issued capturing series participation
During the online registration process, you will be able to choose one or multiple dates to attend.